Full Product Description
What's new in Read&Write 10 GOLD?
- Picture Dictionary to improve comprehension
- Verb Checker to identify correct verb conjugations
- Vocabulary Tool to expand vocabulary
- Enhanced Text-to-Speech, Translator and Study Skills
- Enhanced Speech Maker to convert text to MP3
- Enhanced Screenshot Reader to read inaccessible text
- Enhanced Homophone and Confusable words
Read&Write 10 GOLD's Reading features will help to speed up reading, assit with comprehension, improve vocabulary and accomodate visual problems associated with dyslexia.
- *Enhanced* Text-to-Speech - Read&Write 10 GOLD's text-to-speech features offer a simple and accurate way to read any text. Users can listen to text being read aloud in MS Word documents, emails, webpages or PDF documents with word highlighting to help with word recognition. New voices now available include Sangeeta and Serena.
- *NEW* Picture Dictionary - Read&Write 10 GOLD now provides a picture dictionary to illustrate words with pictures. This feature is a valuable comprehension aid.
- Screen Masking - Visual impairments commonly associated with dyslexia can be aided by coloured acetates or tinting. Read&Write 10 GOLD has unique screen tinting options to suit all users. Screen masking, the ability to block out any text not being read, is also available as a valuable tracking aid.
- *Enhanced* Screenshot Reader - The Screenshot Reader offers users the ability to access previously inaccessible text, including text embedded within an image or contained within inaccessible Flash or locked PDF files. The text can be read aloud with highlighting, saved or edited in MS Word.
- *Enhanced* Speech Maker - Reading speed can be increased dramatically by producing an audio file of the text. Read&Write 10 GOLD's Speech Maker allows users to select any text and convert it into a sound file, e.g. MP3, for learning on the move.
- Scanning - Large books or manuals can be a hurdle for those with dyslexia. In the workplace, paperwork presents many challenges for employees with reading difficulties. Read&Write 10 GOLD's scanning is powered by ABBYY FineReader's Optical Character Recognition, a tool that ensures that books and reports are accurately scanned into MS Word, PDF or HTML. The digital text can then be read aloud, saved as an audio file or manipulated as required.
Read&Write 10 GOLD's Writing features will provide the necessary assistance to improve the accuracy of written work and will help with proof reading.
- *New* Verb Checker - Read&Write 10 GOLD's verb checker helps users to determine the correct verb conjugation they require. They can select from the past, present or future tenses of each verb. This feature improves the accuracy of written text.
- Phonetic Spell Checker - Read&Write 10 GOLD's spell checker will correct even more spelling mistakes than before. Corrections are based on user's own spelling patterns and are supported by dictionary definitions of the suggested corrections which can be read aloud.
- *Enhanced* Word Prediction - Texthelp's word prediction is one of the most powerful prediction tools available. It will not only predict one word ahead from any application, but it will intuitively learn an employee's writing style. Dyslexic employees often struggle with prediction due to inaccurate spelling. Read&Write 10 GOLD's word prediction tool will pick up even the most unusual spelling mistakes. It is now also much easier to add your own vocabulary.
- *Enhanced* Sounds Like - This feature identifies words that sound the same but are spelt differently, such as 'dear' and 'deer' or words that are commonly confused, such as 'through' and 'thorough'. The 'Sounds Like' feature lists possible alternatives with audible definitions and sample sentences to make proof reading easier.
- Talking Dictionary - Read&Write 10 GOLD's talking dictionary provides clear definitions and sample sentences and is useful as a reference tool or a comprehension aid.
Collecting research from a variety of websites can be time consuming and create formatting issues. Read&Write 10 GOLD's Research features make it easy to collate and present research material.
- *Enhanced* Fact Folder - Read&Write 10 GOLD's Fact Folder will help employees to collate key facts from websites and other applications. Simply select the text you wish to save and click on the Fact Folder. The date and website address will automatically be saved for you. You can then view a report of all your research with an academic bibliography. All formatting issues are removed as the software will format the Word document for you.
- *Enhanced* Fact Mapper - Mind mapping is a useful visual tool for generating ideas and revision. Read&Write10 GOLD's Fact Mapper can be used to brainstorm and map out ideas, or to create essay plans or revision notes.
- *New* Vocabulary Tool - As part of the Study Skills tools, Read&Write 10 GOLD's vocabulary tool allows users to build a vocabulary list by highlighting unknown words. A MS Word document is created with the vocabulary list, dictionary definitions for each word and images representing the words.
- Pentium 4 1.8GHz Processor (Recommended: Pentium 4 2.4GHz or greater)
- 512 MB RAM (Recommended: 1 GB RAM or greater)
- 2 GB Free Disk Space
- Windows XP SP3 or Above
- Sound Card
- Good Quality Speakers
- Microphone (for Speech Input)
- DVD Player (for Install purposes only)
- Internet Connection (for Picture Dictionary, Fact Mapper & Translator)
- 64 Bit Support
Read&Write 10 GOLD MOBILE
Read&Write 10 GOLD MOBILE comes on a USB pen and allows Users to run Read&Write 10 GOLD on any computer with no installation necessary. Users simply plug the device into the USB port of any computer running Windows Vista, XP or 2000 and they are ready to use the software. This portable storage device allows you the freedom to store, transfer and carry your data securely anywhere.
Please note: we are only able to supply this software to schools within the UK.