20% off selected AbleNet products until 30th April 2014

Inclusive TechnologyInclusive Technology

The Queen's Award for Enterprise 2016 & Innovation 2017


Go

Your Shopping Basket:
0 Items Total: £0.00

Change Currency: £ UK | $ US | € EUR

You are in: Home > Software > Communication Software > Starting Blocks

Starting Blocks

Starting Blocks is an exciting grid set for introducing computer-aided communication to young children.

Please note: this product requires The Grid 2.

Part NoProductPrice (ex VAT)Quantity
4625Starting Blocks (with workbooks only) CD-Rom single user PC£220.00
7805Toy Box (for Starting Blocks) CD-Rom single user PC£80.00

Full Product Description

Starting Blocks is an exciting grid set for introducing computer-aided communication to young children. There are hundreds of grids providing many hours of fun as you progress from very simple interaction through to independent communication.

The targeted activities develop core skills, and a clear 'roadmap' makes it easy to see where to go next - and how far you have come! At every step there are a variety of activities, so you can focus on one skill until it is fully mastered, without the tasks becoming repetitive.

Features

• It is a fun and interactive way to teach children how to use switches or touch screen for a communication aid.
• The main focus of this grid set is interactive PLAY, so that the child only spends 20% of the time with the computer and the other 80% interacting with the people around them.
• Workbooks are provided to guide you through step by step, and help you come up with some fantastic activities to entice young imaginations.
• All activities can be played again and again or easily edited with The Grid 2 software to produce new and very individual pieces.
• The Toy Box included with this Grid Set is to help you get started with using the grids straight away. We have chosen a selection of toys to give you a wide choice of activities to choose from.

Starting Blocks is divided into 3 stages, each of which has activities for developing a different skills:

On Your Marks

Get Set

Go

• Taking Turns
• Making Choices

• Categorising
• Navigating
• Row/Column Scanning

• Go Step 1
• Go Step 2
• Go Step 3
• Go Step 4


Starting Blocks Toy Box

Starting Blocks is available as a stand-alone product (the grids and the workbooks) and the Toy Box for Starting Blocks is available to purchase separately. The Toy Box includes lots of toys and equipment to allow you to use Starting Blocks right away.

The Toy Box includes:

  • 2 switches (1 blue, 1 yellow)
  • JoyCable switch adaptor (for connecting the switches to your computer)
  • The Gruffalo book and audio CD
  • Doctor's activity kit
  • Playdoh
  • Drawing book and crayons
  • Snap-Clap Crocodile and Rubber Duck toys for hide-and-seek activities
  • Two mobile phones for communication activities
  • ... and much more!

Please Note: Starting Blocks is currently only available with PCS symbols, so a PCS add-on licence is also needed.

Please note: this product requires The Grid 2.

Reviews

There are no reviews for this product at the moment. Be the first to review this item by clicking here.
Similar products you may also be interested in...
WordPower for The Grid 2
Price: £220.00
Info
The Grid 2 from Smartbox
Price: £360.00
Info
CALL Talk
Price: £220.00
Info

Copyright © Inclusive Technology Ltd 2001 2017
Inclusive Technology Registered Office: Riverside Court, Huddersfield Road, Delph . Oldham. OL3 5FZ
Registered in England, Company registration number: 3525459. VAT no: GB732822345

Queen's Award for Enterprise Queen's Award for Enterprise ERA Codie BETT Awards BETT Awards MasterCard SecureCode Verified By VISA VISA MasterCard Maestro SOLO

Website design & development: Website Design & Development by Pin Digital