Full Product Description
PODD provides practitioners with templates and guidelines to develop an appropriate communication book and also describes comprehensive strategies to enable the use of the system in the child’s daily life – at home, at school and in the community.
Who is this resource for?
This resource is for people supporting children who are learning to communicate using aided symbols (pictographs, graphic symbols, whole written words). Therapists, teachers and parents will all have the opportunity to access the materials in this resource for their clients, students, children and young people.
What does the resource contain?
The resource provides templates to create a range of PODD communication books designed for children who use direct pointing with a whole hand, finger or pointer. Some of these page sets can also be modified to accommodate pick up and give/show or partner assisted scanning access methodologies.
The 3 x CD-Rom set includes:
- An electronic version of the book titled Pragmatic Organisation Dynamic Display communication books by Gayle Porter (2007). This publication describes the theoretical underpinnings and features of PODD communication books and includes a detailed section on teaching learning strategies.
- Templates for fourteen different PODD communication books from simple early functions to complex syntax. These templates can be viewed and customised using Boardmaker version 5 or later (not included) - not compatible with Boardmaker Studio.
To support you to make customised PODD communication books, each set of templates includes:
- An information file providing a detailed description for that communication book’s language, page layout, vocabulary organisation and navigation pathways.
- Construction files providing specific instructions for printing and constructing each communication book.
What’s on the CDs?
- CD1 contains:
- The book: Pragmatic Organisation Dynamic Display (PODD) communication books in PDF format
- Step by step instructions for selecting and customising a PODD template to suit individual requirements
- Vocabulary ideas
- Colour master file (Boardmaker format)
- Template folders for one page opening PODD communication books, from nine per page early functions to twenty per page expanded functions
- Template folders for group PODD communication books
- CD2 contains template folders for two page opening PODD communication books: forty key word, seventy expanded key word and one hundred plus complex syntax.
- CD3 contains template folders for two page opening with side panel PODD communication books: thirty six key word, forty eight expanded keyword and ninety plus complex syntax.
- Boardmaker for Windows or Mac version 5 or later for printing and customising the templates.
- Adobe Reader.
- CD-Rom drive.
PODD licence information:
The Licence Agreement ("Licence") permits you to use one copy of the Pragmatic Organisation Dynamic Display Direct Access Template
software ("SOFTWARE") on any single computer, providing the SOFTWARE is in use on only one computer at a time. The SOFTWARE is "in use" on a computer when it is loaded into the temporary memory (i.e. RAM) or installed into the permanent memory (e.g. CD-ROM, hard disk, or other storage device) of that computer.
Only the licensed number of individual computers should be allowed access to the copy of SOFTWARE installed on a network server. If the SOFTWARE is permanently installed on the hard disk or other storage device of a computer (other than a network server) and one person uses that computer more than 80% of the time it is in use, then that person may also use the SOFTWARE on a portable or home computer.