Full Product Description
Safe, robust and comfortable headphones with built-in loudness limiter and volume control for children
- Sturdy and robust construction
- Volume output limited to 85 dB
- Compatible with all portable MP3 players, iPods, CD / DVD players, PC and Mac
Features and Benefits
- Volume output automatically limited to 85 dB with Hearsafe technology
- Mic included, so also usable as headset for mobile devices
- Fully adjustable headband
- Detachable and extra long cable for optimal freedom of movement
- Sturdy, robust construction
- Recommended by experts and audiologists
- Driver Diameter: 40 mm
- Impedance: 32 Ohms
- Frequency Response: 20-20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 85 ± 3dB (at 1Khz)
- Rated Power: 100mW (maximum)
- Jack: 3.5 mm – Stereo
- Cable length: 2.0 m
Background to hearing
Sound and noise loudness are measured in decibels (dB). When a sound exceeds a certain number of decibels, it can damage human hearing. Frequent and prolonged exposure to noise louder than 85 dB can cause permanent hearing damage. Research shows that 9% of young people suffer from hearing loss. The main reason for this is listening to loud music on MP3 players for example, where volume can reach levels of 90-120 dB.
Young children are still less aware of the damage that loud noise can cause. The Clevy Headphones are therefore equipped with a decibel limiter. This prevents the noise reaching young children’s ears from levels louder than 85 dB and thus protecting their hearing system from long term damage.
Clevy Headphones and Clevy Earphones are recommended by experts and audiologists.